Henri Matisse Sponsors
2022 Sugar Land Arts Fest Rules & Regulations
Acceptance & Agreement
• By applying to the 2022 Sugar Land Arts Fest, I (and every artist in the booth) assume all responsibility to safeguarding of my products and display at the 2022 Sugar Land Arts Fest on April 23-24, 2022.
• It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to insure their property.
• 2022 Sugar Land Arts Fest has the right to close the Festival if any unforeseen circumstances occur that would affect the safety of the event attendees or vendors.
• I agree to hold harmless 2022 Sugar Land Arts Fest, sponsors, partner organizations, coordinators, volunteers, or employees, for
any damage, loss, or injury resulting from my participation in this event.
• I understand that if current Texas law requires that I must wear a mast at this event, I will comply and obey all COVID-19 regulations.
• If multiple artists are applying for one booth, this signature page should include all artists
2022 Sugar Land Arts Festival
Rules & Regulations
The following Rules & Regulations will be strictly enforced. Any artist in violation of one or more of these will be deemed ineligible and may be denied admission to future festivals. No refunds will be given for artists and/or booths found in violation of the stated Rules & Regulations.
All applying artists are required to sign the Artist Application final section entitled “Acceptance & Agreement to 2022 Sugar Land Arts Fest Rules & Regulations”.
April 23 & 24, 2022
Sugar Land Smart Financial Centre Plaza
18111 Lexington Blvd.
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Primary Artist Application
- $200 thru 1/31/2022
- $250 from 2/1/2022 until March 31, 2022
Each Artist Sharing a booth - $50 each
Tent rental $160
If you have already received the approval and have signed the form, you could pay the fees here:
• Booth assignment is at the discretion of the Sugar Land Arts Fest
• Single Booth (10 x 10 feet) - $200 thru 1/31/2022 - $250 from 2/1/2022 until March 31, 2022
• Rental of the booth space is for the space, only, and for participation in the Sugar Land Arts Fest.
• All artwork must be displayed within or hanging from tent.
• Additional back stock and other possessions such as boxes, stools, etc. must be off the sidewalks and neatly secured inside tent or vehicle.
• No chairs or umbrellas may be set-up within walkways or outside of booth.
• Tables and chairs not provided.
• Artists & renters are responsible for tables, chairs, text, and all display stands, etc.
• Electricity to individual booths is not available.
• Each booth renter is responsible for its contents.
• Sharing booth space is allowed: artists can share a booth by paying the applicable space rental fee and $50 for every additional artist over
one artist; all artists sharing
a booth are bound and agree to the Sugar Land Arts Fest Rules & Regulations and must sign the Acceptance & Agreement section of
• Artist parking will be allowed in designated Artist lots only. After unloading, all artists’ vehicles must park in these lots.
• Booth Set Up Process and Breakdown Process will be distributed to artists upon acceptance to the 2022 Sugar Land Arts Fest.
• Artists will be notified within two weeks of submitting their Artist Application of registration status.
• Artists are required to submit payment for Sugar Land Arts Fest within one week of acceptance.
By applying to the 2022 Sugar Land Arts Fest, the artist agrees to adhere and abide by all the following rules listed here and the terms in the legal agreement.
1. Image Usage - Accepted artist agrees that the 2022 Sugar Land Arts Fest may use submitted images for website, promotional or
2. All artwork or images must be original fine art, executed by the applying artist, created by hand and not mass produced.
3. Artists must be present with their work for the entire two (2) days of 2022 Sugar Land Arts Fest. Representatives may not attend in place
of the artist.
4. All work must be original, handcrafted work. Artist guarantees the accuracy of the description of the works presented and the authenticity
of the work as the creation of their own hands.
5. Artists may show only work in categories and style of work selected through application process. All work exhibited must be of the quality, category, and body of work that is shown in the images selected through application process.
6. All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist. Your exhibited art must be original and your own creation.
7. All Artists are responsible for collecting and paying State of Texas sales tax. Texas State Comptroller: https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/atj/search.
8. No commission on sales will be paid to 2022 Sugar Land Arts Fest.
9. Exhibiting artists are required to display their booth number sign (distributed at check-in) in a prominent place on the front of the booth.
10. Artists who break down displays, who are “no-show” before the opening of the Festival, or who depart before closing time on any day of the Festival will not be allowed to return the following day or to future shows unless proof of an emergency is presented.
11. All artist tent structures must follow guidelines presented to artists upon acceptance. Due to high wind concerns, lightweight accordion-style pop-up tents are not acceptable. Tents must be weighted properly to ensure safety for you the artist, the artists next to you, and our patrons. The artist(s) assumes liability if their tent is not properly weighted. Tent rentals are available. Weights and water barrels only. Please be prepared with extra weights, which may be necessary due to possible strong winds.
12. No driving on the Sugar Land Smart Financial Centre Plaza. All vehicles must stay exterior parking lot area surrounding the Plaza.
13. Artist is responsible for insurance and protection of work during setup and the show. The festival will not be responsible for damage to work or setup due to weather or unrelated incidents.
14. Any breach of the rules forfeits all rights of the artist and will result in immediate removal from the show without a refund.
15. If Sugar Land Arts Festival is required for reasons beyond its control to postpone, shorten or cancel, no artist shall have any right or claim for any damages whether direct, indirect or consequential, or any other kind, arising or alleged to arise by reason of postponement or cancellation of the event.
16. No refunds or preferred treatment can be made for inclement weather or any other causes not in the control of Sugar Land Arts Festival.
Marketing Exposure & Promotion
Sugar Land is known for its high-caliber events and dedication to quality. The Sugar Land Arts Fest will promote the event in a robust manner including a 360 marketing plan, including newspaper and magazine coverage, press releases, billboards, outdoor signage, social media advertising, partnership with VISIT SUGAR LAND and other advertising sources. The Sugar Land Cultural Arts Foundation’s commitment to making this event a success is unparalleled.
Sugar Land Arts Fest will have still and video photographers on site during the festival taking pictures for promotional purposes. Artist who apply to the show agree to allow themselves and/or their work to be included in these pictures and used for the Festival’s nonprofit promotional purposes only.
Sugar Land Arts Fest urges all artists to reach out to customers, businesses, followers, etc. to share their participation in the festival. Artist are encouraged to take pictures of their own art, booth, and anything else and share them on all social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, tagging the Sugar Land Arts Fest, the Sugar Land Cultural Arts Foundation and all partners and sponsors.